Contract 1 - 4 months
30.00 to 42.00 $/hr
Our client has an immediate need for a RF/ Microwave Communications Specialist (either engineer or technician) to write and create technical manuals for a power generation facility. Previous technical writing experience is desired but not required (Client stated that industry experience supersedes prior technical writing experience). Qualified RF Engineers or RF Technicians must have 8+ years of experience with communication systems found in a power plant, petro chemical or other heavy industrial facility. This is a contract position lasting 1-3 months and candidates will be working from home.
- Creates, edits, and highlights technical details of the switchgear and related equipment components, assemblies, and sub-assemblies found in a power generation facility.
- Generate documents including but not limited to the Operations Manual, Maintenance Manual, Illustrated Parts Catalog, Engineering and other business procedures, Installation Manual, and Service Bulletins.
- Self-generate materials and be the subject matter expert on the RF/ Microwave Communications.
- May develop procedures and training material for other plant purposes.
- 8 + years of hands on experience installing, maintaining, testing & repairing related RF/Microwave in a power generation/ heavy industrial facility.
- Strong foundation with RF theory is required.
- Strong work ethic coupled to a willingness to work with minimal direction remotely is required.
- Previous exposure in the development of technical documents and training materials is preferred but not required.
- Optional medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Ability to work flex hours from home.