Contract 3 - 4 months
El Segundo, CA
33.65 to 40.86 $/hr
Large manufacturer of mechanical and safety parts produced primarily for the aerospace industry is looking for a mid level manufacturing engineer for contract to hire position located in the greater Los Angeles area. Ideal candidate will have experience tool design with the use of CAD programs.
- Perform routine tests associated with metallurgical Testing such as preparing and examining mounts to ensure conformance to quality requirement
- Perform test associated with Mechanical Testing such as tensile, shear, fatigue, stress durability, head ductility, installation force, torque and other tests to ensure conformance to quality requirements
- Participate on teams using quality control tools such as 8D, 5S, Kaizen, Lean, Six-Sigma (DMAIC), VSM, and Statistical Process Control (SPC) to reduce process variation and process improvement evaluation
- Analyze, design, and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment
- BS Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Previous aerospace manufacturing highly desired
- 3 to 5 years related experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Access
- Proficient Knowledge of statistical process control (SPC)
- Health, vision, dental and matching 401K upon completion of 500 hours.