North East, MA
70 to 100 K$/yr
Clean renewable energy company is seeking a "conceptual design" Structural Engineer that specializes in Hdyro. Will join their team in either MA or WA. Will create "conceptual designs" for projects involving the rehabilitation and construction of Conventional Hydropower throughout the United States. Need 10+ years of overall engineering & construction experience supporting power generation. 5+ Years creating Conceptual Designs for similar projects. Conventional Hydro background is a must. Work environment is wholistic and culture is collegial. Relocation available. Up to 25% travel. Client offers bonuses, insurance, 401K. Very established group! Salary is commensurate on experience.
- Work closely with VP of Engineering (& Engineering Mgr) in creating conceptual designs for all projects needed
- Responsible for hydro-mechanical rehabilitation and new construction projects from assessment through conceptual design, detail design including drawing and spec preparation
- Technical Leadership for hydro-mechanical design work performed for important clients through ongoing Hydropower engineering contracts or new business.
- Interface with clients and perform / sell work in the hydro-mechanical area for those clients.
- Organize, prepare plan, coordinate and implement an engineering team working on specific mechanical projects
- 10+ years of engineering & construction experience related to power generation (with heavy conventional Hydro Power exp.)
- 5+ years of experience doing Conceptual Design supporting power generation (and Hydro power) or similar heavy industrial projects
- Experience working on hydroelectric projects with significant experience in preparing drawing and specification packages
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Skilled at managing key resources (People / Client / Time / etc.).
- Solid experience interfacing with clients
- Full Benefits
- Bonuses and stock options
- Growth and upward mobility