Contract Very Long Term
60.00 to 70.00 $/hr
Immediate need for an Electrical Engineer with recent nuclear experience creating design modification packages. Long term contract assignment in Fort Worth, TX with a large power generation solutions company.
- Will function as the Responsible Engineer (RE) for preparing and issuing Modification Packages.
- Responsible for Package Preparation, Design Inputs and Checklists
- Also responsible for pre-Installation and post Installation testing
- Must have recent experience in a commercial nuclear power plant
- Must be familiar with 10CFR50.59
- Must have knowledge of Cable routing, sizing and application, raceway installation and specification, separation requirements, sizing and application of breakers, fuses, and other basic electrical components and systems, lighting, distribution panels, UPSs, Inverters/Battery Chargers, transformers, MCCs, Switchgear, etc
- Knowledge of ETAP or other Electrical System Analysis type software is a plus
- Must have Knowledge of typical UFSAR Electrical section information and how to research and use the information
- Must have understanding of system requirements including LOOP and Station Blackout and the impacts/requirements of the Electrical System
- Must have understanding of all Electrical Calculations typically required at Nuclear Stations (Combustible Loading, Appendix R, Heat Loading, Ampacity, Protection Sizing, Equipment Qualification, Raceway Sizing, UPS sizing, Battery Sizing, Setpoint calculations, Uncertainties, Databases such as Setpoints, Fuses and Relays, etc.)
- Paid vacation
- Medical insurance
- Per diem