Contract 4 - 6 months
45.00 to 52.00 $/hr
Long time Randstad Engineering client has an immediate 5-6 month need for a Quality Engineer with expertise in the hydraulic products fabrication, assembly, and test area! The right individual will apply specialized skills within the aerospace environment. This is a great opportunity in a great area of Los Angeles, CA.
- As Quality Engineer, candidate will support hydraulic products fabrication, assembly, and test area as well responsibility for supporting electronics assembly
- Assess and develop internal capabilities in compliance with management, customer and agency goals and objectives
- Design verification, validation, and qualification of all hardware and software thru FMEA, key characteristics, control plans, inspection methods and processes, manufacturing and test processes development, and metrics
- Utilizes FRACAS database to track production and fielded problems and creates metrics for trending of failures and determination of root cause and corrective action
- Providing a customer interface with respect to quality issues
- Utilize and conducts training on the use of quality tools (i.e. FMEA, FRACAS, MSA, Process capability, Ishikawa etc.).
- Assists in resolving complex technical problems by providing guidance and facilitation in determining root cause. Develops and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating products for acceptability.
- Drive processes to ensure that goals of continuing improvement of Field Reliability and Manufacturing Test yields are met and exceeded
- BS or BA and Minimum of 5-7 years Quality Engineering in Aerospace electromechanical or hydraulic systems
- Must have working knowledge of Qualification Test Plans and be able to monitor Engineering Test Lab for compliance
- Must have strong experience in contract review, DFMEA, PFMEA, Design Review, and Quality Planning related to new products
- Must be familiar with major Aerospace primes Quality System, as well as working knowledge of AS9100 as well as knowledge of Six Sigma tools