Contract 6 months +
45.00 to 58.00 $/hr
Mechanical or Structural Design Engineer opening for someone with experience in the gas turbine or aircraft industry located in Indianapolis, IN. You will provide design engineering support for the Transmissions, Structures, & Drives team (experience in the aerospace, aircraft, and automotive industries are all acceptable) . This is a long term contract, possible temp to hire position. Local candidates or those able to self relocate preferred.
- Supplier manufacturing support
- Managing hardware delivery, supporting engine or rig assembly, troubleshooting testing issues, new component and assembly design and development.
- Support test activities through investigation and resolution of any test configuration and/or operational questions
- Provide technical support for new component and/or subsystem configurations via creation and maintenance of part definitions (drawings)
- Manage interfaces outside of Transmissions, Structures, & Drives team design authority
- Provide design support through the internal gated design and project review processes
- Document results of design, analytical, and test activities as required
- BSME or BSAE and 5+ years of experience in the gas turbine or aircraft industry (experience in the aerospace, aircraft, and automotive industries are all acceptable)
- Strong hands-on mechanical aptitude (ideally with knowledge of structural supports for gas turbines or aircraft engines)
- Strong communication and people skills enabling effective work in a team-based environment
- Strong ability to multitask and work projects based on prioritization of tasks