Contract Very Long Term
40.00 to 55.00 $/hr
Client is looking for a Mechanical Construction Estimator for a contract assignment in Newark, New Jersey. You need 7-10+ years of experience creating full mechanical extimates for large Power Plant or Refinery EPC projects. Our Client is looking for candidates that are local to the Newark, NJ area.
- Prepare reliable, complex, high level financial cost estimates for the mechanical portion of power plant EPC projects
- Perform engineering review of project scope and scope assessments (risk).
- Conduct field visits to perform surveys about 20% of the time
- Develop detailed bid estimates, evaluations and analysis that allow regulated and non-regulated entities to perform contractor reviews.
- Negotiate with contractors/vendors to achieve the lowest cost bids.
- 10+ years of experience as a Mechanical Estimator, creating mechanical estimates for power plant or refinery EPC projects
- You need specific experience creating estimates that are specific to the mechanical equipment & systems on large power plant or refinery EPC projects
- You need specific experience estimating piping, boiler, plating, pumps, stacks, etc..
- You need solid experience with MS Excel and you need to know how to manipulate spread sheets and write formulas
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Business would be considered a PLUS
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance, and more...