Contract Very Long Term
State of , ME
30.00 to 45.00 $/hr
IMMEDIATE NEED: Long term contact assignment in South Central Maine for two (2) Construction Site Safety Coordinator/Observer with experience in large construction projects. This in not a supervisory position. Experience must include field observation and monitoring for hazardous conditions including construction equipment interference with utility structures, power lines, other equipment and basic environmental conditions. Any background with High voltage, Power Transmission Line construction or substation projects is beneficial for understanding potential safety threats. Will consider other large field construction projects. Must have a clean driving record because positions require traveling on a day-to-day basis in support of project. Prefer a BS Degree in a related field with safety experience. Per diem will be available for right candidates.
- Will monitor on a day-to-day basis the construction and environmental safety of large power line construction project
- Responsible for traveling extensively throughout construction project sites to assess safety conditions and be alert enough to identify potential problems and hazardous conditions.
- Will be responsible for reporting and tracking violations and potential problems to project management construction team
- Directly responsible to project management team for identifying potential OSHA violations and environmental safety threats.
- Requires experience monitoring conditions that could effect safety on large construction projects, preferrably new transmission line and dismantling of existing power lines
- Requires previous construction and safety related experience but does not require a safety engineer or manager
- BS Degree in a related engineering or construction field preferred but not required.
- Must have a minimum of 8-17 years experience with large construction project environmental and safety
- Experience must include field observation and monitoring for hazardous conditions including construction equipment interference with utility structures, power lines, other equipment and basic environmental conditions.
- Requires a clean driving record with ability to travel throughout project sites
- Medical plan available
- 401K plan
- Holidays and vacation