Contract 1 year +
60.00 to 80.00 $/hr
Senior Instrumentation & Controls Engineer needed in Houston, TX for a full-service natural gas compression equipment manufacturer for oil & gas production, processing, treating, transportation, and storage. The engineer shall function as a technical specialist formulating and developing the engineering conceptual design.
- Accountable for developing the conceptual plant control system design: Sequence of Operations, P&ID Instrumentation, Instrument Lists, Instrument Data Sheets, Fire & Gas Detection Plans, Inspection & Test Plans (field and shop), Control Loop Diagrams, Control System Architecture Drawings.
- Performs research and analyses of data such as application engineering proposal, design specifications, drawings, industry codes and equipment/instrument manuals to determine feasibility of design or application of instrumentation and control systems.
- Ensures projects are engineered and managed properly and drawings/BOM’s are available to internal and external customers according to schedule.
- Coordinates all aspects of technical content changes during plant design, fabrication, installation, and commissioning and advises project management by providing input on cost and schedule impacts.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 8+ years related experience.
- Knowledge of US and International Electrical Codes: NEC, IEC, ATEX, NFPA, ISA, API. Participation in HAZOP/HAZID, LOPA, SIL Analysis as required by projects.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is a plus.
- Medical Benefits
- Paid Holiday and Vacation