Los Angeles, CA
55 to 65 K$/yr
Our client in the greater Los Angeles area has an immediate need for a Junior Manufacturing Engineer that will assist and be an integral member for the casting of large metal components. Qualified candidates for this position must have 2-4 years of experience in a foundry with metal casting. Knowledge of investment casting with aluminum alloys, copper alloys and steel is highly desired but not required. Relocation assistance will be evaluated for highly skilled candidates.
- Develop and maintain necessary tools, procedures and work instructions for stainless and super alloy castings.
- Development Mile-Stone Charts for new jobs.
- Create the gating design and support 3D modeling needs using Solidcast and Solidworks software.
- Ensure the specifications and requirements of each part are met by interfacing with QA and production teams.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience with metal casting is required.
- Previous experience with Solidworks, blue print reading, tooling design / manufacturing and strong knowledge of the dimensional aspect of the castings environment is required.
- Exposure to casting of Inconel (INCO) alloys, Super Alloys, and Stainless Steels are highly desired.
- Medical, Dental, 401K
- Annual Performance Bonus