80 to 100 K$/yr
Project Engineer opening at a chemical plant located in the Shreveport, LA area. Working with other engineering, operations and maintenance personnel this position will perform engineering project assignments with an emphasis on process improvements including the design of new facilities, upgrades in existing facilities and maintenance support. Relocation is available for eligible candidates.
- Perform engineering project assignments with an emphasis on process improvements including the design of new facilities, upgrades in existing facilities and maintenance support
- Perform, direct or coordinates the required engineering, cost estimate preparation, and drafting associated with projects to include development of PFD, P&ID's, equipment selection and sizing, specification development, etc.
- Prepare bid packages and equipment inquiries and lead evaluation and selection process
- Assign project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project, such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and testing
- Perform safety audits and safety evaluations of contractors and plant personnel
- Additional duties as assigned
- BS or Higher in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum two or more years of related experience in a refinery or chemical plant setting
- Demonstrated experience completing capital projects for new equipment design and installation
- Strong project engineering skills, including design, financial accounting, drafting, SOP creation, bid package preparation and evaluation, construction management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent benefits including 401k, insurance, etc.