60 to 70 K$/yr
Quality Engineer needed in central Virginia (east of Roanoke) for an industrial manufacturer. Local candidates preferred, but relocation assistance is available. You must have industrial manufacturing experience. You will be responsible for developing and applying high quality standards for production, and developing methods and procedures for inspection, testing and evaluation of process quality. Must be capable of independent work with little or no supervision. Now interviewing.
- Develop, define, report the results of quality data and implement procedures for dispositioning and determining root cause of discrepant material.
- Evaluate quality data trends for cost and process improvement, research and develop reliability data, evaluate suppliers of raw material or products.
- Develop and maintain a quality assurance manual and quality control procedures consistent with industry and customer requirements.
- Recommend and install software to assist in quality control and assurance functions and evaluate need for programmatic improvements, identify problems, determine root cause and recommend appropriate corrective action.
- Assist other departments in meeting meet needs in performance of quality assurance audits and inspections.
- Participate in audits, information retrieval, and inspection results data input and analysis in the evaluation of quality program compliance and product quality and reliability.
- BS Engineering degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial or Industrial Technology.
- 3 - 10 years experience as a Quality Engineer with industrial manufacturing experience. Six Sigma experience and analytical techniques preferred.
- Basic understanding of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, NQA-1, ANSI N45.2, and military spec quality requirements such as MIL-Q-45208, MIL-Q-9858, and commercial grade guidelines for nuclear safety such as EPRI NP 5652, ISO 9000, and other industry consensus
- Qualification as a lead auditor under the guidance of ANSI N45.2.23
- Must have knowledge of 8D and Pareto Analysis and other problem solving techniques.
- Relocation assistance is available.
- Competitive compensation package includes base pay, incentive plans and benefits.
- Comprehensive benefits may include Health and Welfare Benefits, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible spending, dependent life insurance, Accidental death and dismemberment insurance, disability insurance, EAP, PTO and sick days, Personal days, paid holidays, Retirement Plans, 401(k)